In the early 1950s, George Bean of Nob Hill Arkansas had a vision of building a Chapel in Clifty, Arkansas. Presumably, this remote part of Madison County offered George’s vision both the convergence of several well-traveled roads as well as the possibility of a piece of real estate on which to build. Within a short period of time, Mr. Bean shared his dream with his friends, Noel and Hazel Easterling of Huntsville, who became equally excited and who soon put Mr. Bean’s vision into action by beginning the construction of a single room sanctuary. Most, if not all, of the building project is said to have been a labor of the Easterling’s love for the Lord and was, for the most part, financed by their generosity. Prior to its completion in 1958 at its current location, what would become the Clifty Chapel held its meetings in the basement of a gas station and general store across the street.
Thanks to the vision of George Bean and the Easterling’s hard work and personal sacrifice, we now enjoy a beautiful and comfortable house of worship.
1958 – 1961 Noel & Hazel Easterling
1961 – 1963 Clarence & Mary Lou Tice
1963 – 1965 John D.& Dorothy Birchfield
1965 – 1966 Noel & Hazel Easterling (Second term)
1966 – 1969 Eldon & Audrey Bagwell
1969 – 1974 Bobby & Jaunita Shepherd
1974 – 1976 Lonny & Connie Burks
1976 – 1983 Anthony & Pansy Lane
1983 – 1985 Jim & Martha Sisco
1985 – 1987 Cecil & Carol Case
1987 – Present Dwayne & Georgia Lane